Novaprova has a Mac OS X port under way but not yet released.
The current status is:
- beta: ready to try
- available in the darwin branch on GitHub
- runs and passes all regresssion tests
- tested on Darwin 10.9.5 only
- requires a very recent, unreleased,
- no Mac-specific packaging has been done (e.g. a Framework,
and an installer or Homebrew package).
The latest release of Valgrind at time of writing is 3.10.1. This
version contains a bug which prevents many of the advanced features
of Novaprova from working. The fix is in SVN but not yet released
(presumably it will be in 3.11). So to try Novaprova on Darwin you
will need to:
- Check out Valgrind from SVN. Start here
- Build and install Valgrind, e.g. into /usr/local. Make
sure to either uninstall the Valgrind you got using Homebrew or install
this one in a different directory.
- Check out the darwin branch from the Novaprova github repo.
- Configure Novaprova to use the newly built Valgrind, e.g.